



I stared braiding hair at thirteen years old, in my family and basically in my culture young girls have there hair braided. This is because when our hair is out it gets very dry and it is hard to manage or even comb through. So as an alternative we briaded are hair and these braid stay in for a week or two. I remember when I use to dread getting my hair braided it was an all day event. First I had to take out the old braid, wash my hair (which is done every week or two weeks,) blow dry my hair than get my hair re braid it was such along process. However the end results was a work of art and that's why I wanted to learn to braid. I basically taught myself how to braid on barbie dolls, it started out rough but with time I was able to express my creative side in the heads of others. Sometimes it could be financially rewarding as well. There is some much different types of braiding styles, there is single braids, cornrows, twists, plaits, bubble and the list goes on. Before I would say that braiding was serious leisure to me, I always wanted to braid, I never wanted a strand of hair out of place and i took braing very seriously i wanted it to be my career. However as I grown and mature braiding hair is definitely not going to be my career but I will never stop doing it and enjoying myself. So now I will still say that it is serious leisure to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment