Friday, October 24, 2008

Bowling With C.A.R.E

So a few weekends ago I went bowling with the C.A.R.E group and I have to say I definitely learned a lot. All of the students at the C.A.R.E centre have various disabilities. When I first heard we were going bowling I was thinking that it would not be possible for some of the students their. Well once again I was wrong, the only thing that the students could not do was roll the ball with the same movements and techniques I used, but that did not stop any of them from bowling. Instead the bowling alley provided ramps that the small bowling could go down so with some assistants everyone was able to bowl. It amazed me how much different techniques that were used, some use there elbow to knock the ball of the ramp, others use their foot, and the rest used their hands. Volunteering at the C.A.R.E centre has just opened my eyes to many things I have taking for granted. the C.A.R.E centre has taught me with drive and determination I can do whatever I want.

No comments: